You should follow these recommendations, in case any louse stood out there as they can live outside the head for up to 48 hours:
- Soak in hot water or alcohol all accessories such as brushes, combs, clips and fasteners used.
- For accessories that cannot be soaked in hot water, use alcohol.
- No need to spend a lot of time cleaning the house or the car. This is due to the fact that lice lives in the person’s head, neither the houses or schools get infested, only people.
- Clothing such as uniforms, jackets, scarves, hats and all whites as bed sheets, towels, comforters and duvets, change them and wash them with hot water. After that, wipe them with hot air. Conventional detergents and soaps do not kill lice. Water and hot air are very important factors to remove them.
- Things that can not be washed, you can use a steam. Tip: Use a normal home iron or an industrial one.
- It is recommended to vacuum and steam the bedroom and play areas, especially pillows, carpets, rugs and mattresses to complete the cleaning process.
- Stuffed toys can be stored in plastic bags tightly closed and leave them this way for about 2 to 5 days, although in theory, only 2 days are enough to starve the lice.